Wednesday 28 November 2012

Printing at Last

Not posted for a while.  Had been waiting for my new controller board to arrive, which is now installed.  Have now got past the testing stage and am finally beginning to print of 3D objects.  However I still have some minor tweaking to get the printer calibrated correctly and also need to install a secondary fan on the Hot End carriage in order to cool of prints as they are being printed.  From what I've read this improves the quality of prints.

Printing is a bit hit and miss at the moment as I am trying to figure out how to correctly calibrate/commission the printer.  Will just need to research more thoroughly what's out there on the RepRapPro Mendel.  Overall though I'm fairly satisfied that I'm heading in the right direction.

Update a few days later...

Used up my first 100m of filament.  Doesn't sound fantastical, but so far I've printed 3 Iphone cases, a snowman shaped cookie cutter, a pair of tweezers and lot's of calibration objects.  In order that my filament does not get tangled as I have to leave on floor I printed out a filament spool holder that attaches to the printer  All the time I'm experimenting with different settings and learning new things as I go along.  Right now I'm printing out parts for a 3D printed actual working clock that will tick!

That's my 3D Printer Project build now complete.  It has been great and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in making stuff! 

Well, thanks to all for taking the time to visit my blog.  At some point I may post again, but for now all the best.

Jason

Some first prints.  Iphone case at top went wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment